Peter Surgeson and his son Norman started Surgeson Electric Ltd. in 1946. They operated in a small downtown Cornwall garage. At that time the staff consisted of two employees who mainly repaired household appliances and small electric motors.
As Cornwall’s industrial base expanded so did Surgeson Electric. During the growth period of 1960’s the shop relocated to Pitt Street. For the next forty years, Surgeson Electric developed into a premier motor shop, serving all of Eastern Ontario. Repairs ranged from sub fractional to one thousand horsepower, and included overhauls, rewinds, redesigns, winding confirmation and core loss testing. With this expansion, Surgeson Electric created its own in house machine shop, and diversified into dynamic balancing, control panel building and off site vibration analysis. A complete wholesale line of associated electric motors and motor controls were brought in, thus becoming a complete sales and service center.
Surgeson Electric now operates 2 branches; 18075 Tyotown Road (Cornwall) and 2200 Thurston Drive (Ottawa) and both facilities strive to meet all of your electric motor and motor control needs.